Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Terrible Customer Service is Bad Marketing

Imagine how hard 24 Hour Fitness will have to work in their marketing to compensate for the bad customer service of their managers. Don't let this happen to you!

SIMPLE INCIDENT, SIMPLE SOLUTION
In the rain I slipped entering my gym in Alameda (it's at a shopping mall) where the floors are super slick, and there are NO doormats. I alerted the gym attendant so she could put down towels, salt the floors or at the very least wipe up the wet spot so no one else would slip. She did nothing. I watched as someone else slipped. This could have been a simple solution, right?

So, I alerted the manager at HQ in hopes they'd actually give a hoot that one of their long time members was trying to save them from a lawsuit. (and no, there were no floormats at the gym when I was there, so they're either lying or too lazy to drive to the gym to check on that personally. )

UNFORTUNATE RESPONSE CAUSING ILL WILL, BAD PRESS
This was their 'we-take-no-responsibility-but- are-making-lots-of-wrong-assumptions' reply:
"...Unfortunately, we are not responsible for the sidewalk, that is left to the Mall Management. I realize we have experienced inclement weather and have floor mats at the entry way. I have given my staff instructions to towel the floor off when wet and post signage as necessary.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further problems. Thank you!"

Raquel Engelund
Club Manager
510-523-2450

BAD PRESS, WARRANTED
What a sad reply . . . Um duh, you think the universe is responsible for raining? You have to tell someone to wipe a wet floor? Geez . . .

I expect this is why this club gets such horrid comments about them online ("Rip Off Report" was the title I saw frequently about this company. Don't believe me? search 24 hr. fitness customer service!)
.

So, if you get this kind of horrid customer service let people know. And for heaven's sake, take care of your clients so you don't stoop to this pitiful level.
And find a gym that gives a hoot since this one apparently doesn't.




1 comment:

  1. THIS BLOG MOVED about 5 years ago to: http://allisonbliss.com/blog-posts/

    ReplyDelete